Sunday, August 27, 2017

Day 63 Sunday PEI.


I'm tired. I think a lot of us are tired. It's been 9 weeks. Day in day out we ride. Some days are filled with beauty and wonder. Some are a grind. I'm not sure how many people know this but I don't really like biking. It's not something I would do just for fun. I hate training.  Riding alone on a route I've done many times before , not fun. Now I'm not saying I'm not enjoying this ride. I do love seeing new things.  I love meeting people and riding with them. The difference of riding a bike across the country as a posed to driving is huge. On a bike you feel the temperature, the moisture, the sun and the heat reflecting from the pavement. You smell the great smells like flowers, pine trees or the cooling mist of a glacier stream. You also smell the dead skunk before you see it. A smell of a dead animal on the road. I've been privileged to be able to enjoy all the good and the bad the whole way accross the country. It makes the fact that I have to pedal a bike to do it seem worth it. 
Would I do this ride if it was just a bike ride. I don't think so. The fact that we, and I say that we because without your support 1.6 million wouldn't have been raised to do great work that will effect people in a positive way not just for a day but a life time. 
That makes the pain in the knees , hips , shoulders, pretty much all over worth it. 
Makes me think about our walk with Christ. Some days are great and we feel like everything is going our way. Other days are a grind and we're ready to throw in the towel. Is all the pain worth following someone like Jesus. Like the miracles Jesus performed here on earth that lasted far beyond his death so our relationship with the savour will last far beyond our deaths. 
So do we continue on till the end and persevere. You bet we do. Do we do that perfectly. Not a chance. We are all a mess in some respect. We all fail. We all fall short. Isn't it awsome to know that nothing we can do or not do can change how much God loves us. Just keep trying. Keep giving grace. Keep getting up and living for him. God has plans for you that are better than you can ask for or imagine. Len. 

No comments:

Post a Comment