Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Day 66. Halifax Peggy's cove.

After the rush of the final day Reuben and his family along with Ian Christine and my family went to a resterant to have a last supper. 
Reuben was back at his dad duties. 

I was happy to help. 

We went and stayed at a campground last night. It was strange not to be surrounded by tents. I woke up this morning and peaked out the RV expecting to see a lineup for breakfast. There was no one there. A strange feeling. I couldn't sleep too long so I read for a while. We went to cora's for breakfast. It was yum. Headed to Halifax harbour to pier 21. We found Carrie's dads name in a ship manifest from the Grootebear. 

We couldn't find her mom or our parents because I think they came into Quebec     We walked along the boardwalk and ran into about 10 cyclists from seatosea. Said goodbye a few more times. 

I texted Reuben this pick to find out if a bakery stop was in order. 

A gray day kinda says the tone of the day. Missing my seatosea family. Feeling a little guilty for not wanting it to end. 

Off we went to Peggy's cove  

Got some cool pics. But there's no one to air drop them to. 

I have to get used to not taking the from my bike seat. 

Nice colours in this town. Nothing like water and boats. 

Here's the famous lighthouse. 

Look who shows up. Finally someone to airdrop to. 

Enjoying the sights. 

The four of us. 

We did some climbing today. But not on our bikes. 

Another pic on the way out. 

Stopped at the plane crash memorial. 

We ended the day with a lobster dinner. Yumm. 
We rode a few hours and are parked at Walmart in Amherst NS. I still can't believe we made it accross the country on a bike. Riding in the RV seems to take forever. The whole thing seems a little overwhelming. I guess that's why when I was riding I only thought of making it to he next rest stop.  That was  usually about 25 km away. It's a doable distance. It's the old saying one step at a time. Or in this case one pedal stroke at a time. Thanks again for all the words of encouragement and positive comments. It means a lot to me that so many people care about and are praying for us. It's been a great and rewarding journey. The friends and support made the whole experience worth it. Len.  

4 comments:

  1. Awe Len I'm feeling your day after ...its hard after so many weeks ..but thankfully you can re read your own blogs later ..lots of great memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a journey, I can't believe it's over. It's gonna be hard to return to 'normal life' without everyone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Len. It was fun to follow along through your blog and photos and see the country from sea to sea! I know you'll miss it all but it will be good to see you and Carrie back at Westside! Ben

    ReplyDelete
  4. Additional congrats to you and Carrie. Your blog was a much valued and delightful link to the Sea to Sea family, and I thank you for the time, effort and commitment to share with others. Blessings from all of us at Partners Worldwide as you transition in countless ways. Mark

    ReplyDelete