Friday, August 11, 2017

Day47 Peterborough to some small town

So after all the visitors left last night I went to bed to get ready for the epic 170 km ride. 
What a gourgeous morning. Quiet roads and rolling hills are the order of the day. 

Look at the sun in Reuben's face. That was the only time the sun was out. 

Climb after climb today. 3500 feet of climbing. 

A big pole barn. Ala Reuben 

Rest stop   Time for more water. I'm drinking two bottles every 25 km. The humidity is really high. 

The locks in hasting. 

Reuben on the other side of the road. 

We actually went past a few lakes. 

Just like being up north but with less rocks. 

Carries stop 83 km in. People are starting to feel the humidity and the heat. 

Passed this cool saw mill. 

We visited a hardware store to pickup a part for the RV. 

Lunch stop on the edge of a lake. 

A cool flag of flowers at the rest stop. 

Lots o barns. Also saw some Amish families. 

Eric and ted on a mission. 

I had eggnog flavoured ice cream. This was Betty's stop. 

Passed this cool car. 

Drove through this town. 

Saw this sign in town. I think it's the French spelling   Ok anyone get the irony of me saying something about spelling. 

We finally got back to camp and I have just one thing to say about the ride. 

How blessed am I all I have to do is ride my bike.  

We're staying at an arena. Some people are camped out in the crease. 

Drone shots complements of Harvey. Felicia and the 4 grandkids showed up tonight. We're all packed in the RV. Talk about adventure. See ya. Len. 

Bonus pic of the dam. Complements of Reuben. 

1 comment:

  1. so glad you were able to have some great visits while you were in Ontario!!!

    ReplyDelete